The Governors of St John Vianney School seek to appoint a highly motivated, enthusiastic, skilled and committed Grade 3 Administrator to work in our busy School office. Under the direction of the Head Teacher, the post holder will be responsible for undertaking key administrative, organisational and financial processes within the School. The School purveys its Roman Catholic ethos in all aspects of its provision and all staff are expected to support and foster our approach.
Location: St John Vianney Roman Catholic School, Stretford.
Salary: Grade 3 - NJC points 12-16 £17173-£18319 (Pro-Rata).
35 hours per week, Monday to Friday.
This post is term time only plus two weeks during School summer holiday (Occasional attendance at evening meetings and events may be required.)
St John Vianney School is a non-maintained special School for day pupils, supported by Salford Diocese. Pupils attend from Local Authorities including; Manchester, Stockport, Trafford, Salford, Tameside, Bury and Cheshire. The School caters for boys and girls in the age range 5-19 years who have Moderate Learning Difficulties, Complex Needs, Autistic Spectrum Condition, and Speech and Language Difficulties.
Suitable candidates will:
- Be highly motivated, flexible and able to work on their own initiative and part of a team.
- Be passionate about working in a School environment to support children with a range of moderate or complex needs.
- Have a warm and welcoming approach with the ability to project a friendly, professional manner, both in person and on the telephone.
- Be trustworthy and able to work with complete discretion and confidentiality.
- Have excellent organisational skills, the ability to prioritise and to meet tight deadlines.
- Be proficient in ICT based tasks (e.g. MS Office, information management systems etc.).
- Have good English and Maths skills and previous experience of working in an administrative role.
- Have a good understanding of safeguarding children and young people and be able to contribute to a safe environment.
The candidate will
- Organise a wide variety of secretarial and administrative tasks in the School; a working knowledge of SIMS will be preferred.
- Support the financial management of the School in collaboration with the School Business Manager.
St John Vianney School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our children and young people. We expect all staff to share in this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced disclosure provided by the Disclosure and Barring Service and the successful post holder will be checked against the ‘Barred List’.
The Application form, job description and person specification are available on request, contact the PA to the Headteacher, Lorna Hamilton at email@example.com
Closing date for applications: Monday 26th November 2018 at 12:00 noon
If you would like to visit the School prior to application please contact the School office. Telephone: 0161 881 7843.
Salford Roman Catholic Diocesan Trustees Registered Charity - Registered Charity No. 250037