Teaching Assistant Level 3 Vacancy
St John Vianney School is seeking to recruit a Level 3 Teaching Assistant for our non-maintained special school, supported by the Diocese of Salford. Children and young people attend from various Local Authorities including; Manchester, Stockport, Trafford, Salford, Tameside, Bury and Cheshire East. The school caters for boys and girls in the age range 5-19 years who have Learning Difficulties, Complex Needs, Autistic Spectrum Condition, and Speech and Language Difficulties. The Catholic ethos in our School is strong and is evident in all aspects of our provision. All employees are expected to foster and implement our catholicity.
Location: St John Vianney Roman Catholic School, Stretford.
Salary: from £17,681 + SNA depending on skills and experience,
Grade Point 14 (Actual Salary approx. £15,511)
Full time, term-time only (Pay will be pro-rata based on 39weeks to include INSET)
The Governors seek to appoint skilled candidates to support children and young people with these particular needs.
Suitable candidates will:
- Have a positive outlook, be highly motivated and flexible.
- Be suitably qualified.
- Be self-motivated, show initiative, be able to work on their own and contribute as part of a team.
- Have the ability to motivate and inspire others.
- Have a high expectation of themselves, colleagues, children and young people with Special Educational Needs (SEN).
- Be able to support the learning of children and young people with SEN
- Have an understanding of safeguarding children and young people and be able to contribute to ensuring a safe environment
- Be fully supportive of the Roman Catholic ethos
All employees are expected to treat children, young people and colleagues with respect and dignity and contribute to the creation of a supportive learning environment.
St John Vianney School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our children and young people. We expect all staff to share in this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced disclosure provided by the Disclosure and Barring Service and the successful post holder will be checked against the ‘Barred List’.
The Application form, job description and person specification are available to download below or alternatively contact email@example.com
Closing date for applications: Monday 26th Nov 2018 9am
Telephone: 0161-881 7843.
Salford Roman Catholic Diocesan Trustees Registered Charity - Registered Charity No. 250037