Pupil Sport Premium/Swimming Results
Pupil Sport Premium – Action Plan 2018-2019
Amount of Grant – £16 360
The government provides funding to improve the provision of Physical Education (PE) and sport in primary schools. This funding is ring-fenced and therefore can only be spent on provision of PE and sport in schools.
St John Vianney receive a Pupil Sport Premium Grant of £16 360 for the academic year 2018/19. Other funding streams are also used to enhance PE and sport provision in school which help contribute to the overall development of the child. St John Vianney has an excellent record of utilising its funding to support the physical development of its children and young people.
Schools are expected to spend the additional funding on improving their provision of PE and sport and they have the freedom to choose how they do this.
There are 5 key indicators that schools should expect to see improvement across:
- the engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity - the Chief Medical Officer guidelines recommend that all children and young people aged 5 to 18 engage in at least 60 minutes of physical activity a day, of which 30 minutes should be in school
- the profile of PE and sport is raised across the school as a tool for whole-school improvement
- increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport
- broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils
- increased participation in competitive sport
For more detailed information, please see the file below.