St John Vianney School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Designated Safeguarding Lead: Mr J Cassidy
Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead: Mrs J Griffin
Should you have a safeguarding concern, please contact School on 0161 881 7843 as soon as possible to speak to a member of the Safeguarding team.
- We have a number of policies and procedures in place that contribute to our safeguarding commitment, including our Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy which can be viewed below.
- Sometimes we may need to share information and work in partnership with other agencies, when there are concerns about a child’s welfare. We will ensure that our concerns about our pupils are discussed with parents/carers first, unless we have reason to believe that such a move would be contrary to the child’s welfare.
- All staff are recruited with the required statutory checks in line with our Safer Recruitment Policy.
- All staff are trained annually in Safeguarding to the appropriate level and have a working knowledge of Keeping Children Safe in Education.
- All staff record safeguarding concerns on our Child Protection Online Monitoring System; these concerns are automatically referred to the safeguarding team.
- St John Vianney School is a listening school and promotes the voice of the child using online reporting tools and a ‘worry’ box.
- All staff build excellent relationships with pupils and encourage pupils to share any concerns, whether from home or school.
- St John Vianney teaches pupils to keep themselves safe within the PSHE, RE and ICT curriculum.
- St John Vianney School asks all visitors to sign in at reception and wear a coloured lanyard, designating the level of supervision required.
- St John Vianney School tracks pupil attendance and follows procedures to encourage attendance for all pupils to achieve the national average to support success in school.
Safer Recruitment Policy
Health and Safety Policy
Keeping Children Safe in Education